So I'll admit I feel a little guilty about hitting the, "New Post!" button to make this blog. I know I haven't been blogging as I should, life has seemed to get in the way. I promise I'll make a post about everything crazy that has happened SOON. I'm not giving a time line other than SOON.
Last night I got to meet Maggie Stiefvater! For those living under a rock, Maggie has written The Wolves of Mercy Falls series and the Books of Faerie series. It was so great to meet her, a dream come true if you will. You know there are those authors you look up to so much but don't think you'll ever actually get to meet them (and show off your creepiness) in person. Maggie was so sweet and nice. And hilarious! She is truly an inspiration to me as a writer. I also got to hang out with some great friends I haven't seen in a while, and meet some new ones I only know through Twitter! Here are a few pictures I snapped along the way! :)
Now for the moment I'm sure you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats for: I did happen to pick up an extra copy of Shiver for Maggie to sign. Now, now kids. Settle down! Of course I'm giving my extra copy to YOU. What else would I do with it? Stephanie loves her followers. :)
* To enter, simply comment on this blog post!
* While I'd love for you to follow my blog or Twitter, I want you to follow me because you like what I have to say, not because I make following a requirement, so no following is required to participate!
* This contest is INTERNATIONAL!
* PLEASE leave your email address in your comment so I can get in touch with you. No email address = no entry! :(
* Contest will end at Midnight CST on Friday, August 13th and a winner will be announced sometime that weekend.
* To pick a winner, I will put everyone's name in a hat (or bowl or something) and draw a name from there.
* If your name is chosen, I will email you the good news. You will have 48 hours to respond with your address before I have to choose another winner.
PS- for those wondering about the totally rad shirts we're wearing, my friend Jennifer made them! Amazing, hu? She posted on her blog how YOU can make them and she's also giving away a signed copy of Shiver!
PPS- Sorry the blog looks atrocious right now. Blogger decided to eat my layout and settings and I'll have to basically start from scratch. I've got a few things back the way they were, but I'll have to work on the layout and background later. Just know it doesn't always look this terrible. Hopefully.
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (65)
- ▼ 2010 (98)