The signing was at Alamo Draft House (which is an awesome movie theater) where they were also doing a screening of The Last Unicorn. We met up with my dear friend Liz and her husband and had a grand old time. :)
There was a Q&A after the movie, and of course somebody asked him for writing/publishing advice (because somebody always does at author events it seems), and I loved his advice: "Show up to work on time, every day." If you want to take writing seriously, he said, it needs to be treated like a job. Really helps you to gain prospective.
And by now you're all probably wondering what it is that I am giving away. Well, since you must know, it is a SIGNED COPY of The Last Unicorn!
* Simply comment on this blog post!
* While I'd love for you to follow my blog or Twitter, I want you to follow me because you think I'm cool, not because I give away prizes and make following a requirement. So no following is required to participate!
* This contest is international.
* PLEASE leave your email address in your comment so I can get in touch with you. No email address = no entry! :(
* Contest will end at Midnight CST on Tuesday, May 18th and a winner will be announced on Wednesday May 19th
* To pick a winner, I will put everyone's name in a hat (or bowl or something) and draw a name from there.
* If your name is chosen, I will email you the good news. You will have 48 hours to respond with your address before I have to choose another winner.
Good luck to all!!
Contest is now over! Thank you so much to all who entered!